Mount Christopherson Retreat provides group accommodation on NSW mid North Coast for up to 12 individuals or up to 5 couples. Overlooking the Dorrigo Plateau, this self contained accommodation is secluded and private in 8 acres of beautiful country gardens. Large groups can book the Cloudview and Tranquility budget suites along with the Avalon apartment (the entire retreat) to accommodate up to 12 guests.
Outside the gardens are 200 acres of rainforest and eucalyptus in a conservation area which protects rare and endangered species. It is a photographer’s and painter’s paradise. We have our own labyrinth in a secluded bush clearing within 350 metres of the retreat.
The peace and tranquility at 1007 metres above sea level and far away from neighbours make it ideal for spiritual, yoga and meditation retreats, or for people who just want to relax and let the stress of everyday life melt away.
Mount Christopherson Retreat Features
- Avalon apartment, Tranquility suite and Cloudview suite constitute the Retreat
- Dorrigo Retreat has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in two connected buildings
- These accommodation areas can be booked singly or in combinations
- The Avalon main bedroom, bathroom and living area are fully wheelchair friendly
- All linen is supplied
- There is a large gas BBQ on the verandah
- There is a very large living area with full kitchen including dishwasher
- A flued gas heater can be used to warm the whole living area
- Bookings can be made for any number from 2 to 12 with different pricing
- Pets are not allowed at the Retreat
- Children under 12 are not allowed unless booked with the group
- Mobile phone – reception in the main living area is poor, so we have installed a booster which you place your phone into to improve reception.
- Internet access – we have a Wi-Fi device which you can use for email and browsing the internet. It only allows for 4GB per month so is not suitable for heavier use. There is no charge, but you must request it on booking.